Frequently asked questions and informational links about graduation
- Are tickets required for my guests to the Graduation Ceremony?
- Will I receive announcements?
- If I graduated in August 2010, will my name be announced?
- How do I know if I am eligible to attend the SCT Graduation Ceremony?
- Must I purchase academic regalia?
- How do I purchase academic regalia?
- How will I receive my diploma?
- When should holds from my Temple Account be removed prior to the Graduation Ceremony?
- Are directions available to Temple Performing Arts Center?
A. Yes. All guests are required to present tickets for admission to The Student Pavilion, 1901 N. 15th Street. Students must RSVP no later than noon on Thursday, March 31, 2011, no exceptions! Up to four tickets will be available for pick-up in the SCT Student Affairs/Advising Office in Annenberg Hall, Room 009 from 12:00 noon until 4:00 p.m., beginning on Monday, April 25, through Friday, April 29. All students must present proper ID. After this date and time, we cannot guarantee that you will receive four tickets.
A. Yes, you may pick up four (4) announcements in Room 9, Annenberg Hall beginning April 25th.
A. If you had completed your academic requirements for graduation in August 2010 or January 2011, you were invited to participate in the Winter Graduation Ceremony. You are eligible to attend the Commencement Ceremony on March 12, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. in the Liacouras Center…not the afternoon SCT School Ceremony.
A. May 2011 graduates, you are eligible to attend the Graduation Ceremony if you have:
- completed your mandatory online graduation application (http://survey.temple.edu/gradapp)
- had your grad check/review with an academic advisor
- completed your academic requirements
- submitted your rsvp to attend the graduation ceremony
A. The wearing of academic regalia (cap/tassel/gown/hood) is required for participation in the Graduation Ceremony.
A. Graduates are required to appear at the Graduation Ceremony wearing an approved cap, gown, and hood. The total price for your full regalia is as follows:
- Bachelor of Arts: $61.98 + tax
- Master’s degree: $67.98 + tax
- Doctorate: $81.98 + tax
Please note: The cap, gown and hood are yours to keep. You do not need to return these items after the ceremony.
Ambler Campus Students:
- If you are an Ambler Campus student, please contact the Ambler Bookstore at 267-468-8460 to pre-order your academic regalia.
Main Campus Students:
- You may pre-order your academic regalia online here beginning April 2011. The Main Campus Bookstore accepts in-person payments in cash, check (payable to Temple University Bookstore), Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. If you require additional information, please contact the Main Campus Bookstore at 215-204-5578.
A. Diplomas will be mailed to your PERMANENT address listed in Banner approximately six to eight weeks after the graduation ceremony.
A. Any holds against your account (financial, library, athletic, and exit interviews) must be removed at least two weeks prior to graduation. Temple University will not release diplomas if a hold appears on the student’s account. To determine whether your account has any outstanding holds, visit OWLnet or the Bursar’s website.
A. For a map of Temple University’s Main Campus and travel directions, please visit http://www.temple.edu/maps.