New York City program applicants are encouraged to apply for SCT Scholarships.
SCT Study Away Scholarship
A limited number of scholarships are available to qualified Temple students. The amount of the scholarships varies and is based on need and merit. The awards will range from $500-2,000 and the amount of the award is determined by SCT Study Away in consultation with Temple’s financial aid office. Awards will be given depending upon the amount of funds available. Please apply using the program application form.
Tuition and Fees
2011 Tuition for full-time students (9 credits):*
PA state residents: $3,888
Out-of-state residents: $6,552
PA state residents: $687 per credit, plus university fee of up to $295
Out-of-state residents: $961 per credit, plus university fee of up to $295
Housing and Program fees:
Housing fee: $450–$1,000/month (optional)
Program Fee: $250**
Estimated totals for billed expenses:
PA state residents: $4,138
Out-of-state residents: $6,802
* Please note that the updated 2012-2013 tuition rates will be available in summer 2012.
** Program fees do not include meals, but kitchen facilities are available.
Included in the Tuition and Program Fee:
- Three SCT courses, including an internship, with a focus on the institutions and communities in New York City (9 undergraduate credits)
- Group field trips in and around New York City and entry to approximately twelve museums and sites
- An orientation session and a tour of the city
Other Estimated Costs:
- Metrocard for NYC subways: $250 You can find pricing here for unlimited ride monthly passes.
- Meals $1,000: This will vary depending on style of living.
- Daily Expenses: This will vary depending on style of living and housing location.
- Roundtrip train from Philadelphia (Amtrak): $100/trip